fingers on fire
tonight is date night at mare’s and the fabulous faux will be joining, making it even more exciting - and seriously, i need it. yesterday was one of those ripping-my-hair-out-just-won’t-cut-it days peppered with moments of pure joy and jest and warmth and laughter.
some of my favorite moments from yesterday:
- library time with the little girls
- leaving mae at the top of the escalator on accident and having to go back up for her. all the while she watched victoria and me go down while shaking her head and covering her eyes as if she couldn’t believe what a ninny i was.
- the green screen antics (right picture)
- listening to the girls talk about how cool it would be to slide down the glass on the atrium roof & about all the buildings they could see (middle picture)
- yarn shopping AND purchasing
- seeing a mess of little ones i haven’t seen in far too long & squeezing a baby
- doing something that has to do with the short row sweater kal that mare says is going to make everyone feel like losers, so i won’t say (just yet)
- getting the coolest thank-you card in the mail
- taking a shower? should this be on the list? well, it took me a whole two days to squeeze in and it was like… 10pm. i was so relieved that i felt like i was on survivor or something, so i’m gonna say - yes. it totally makes the list.
i’m hoping for a less exciting forecast for today - or at least less of the hair ripping out and more of the good stuff.