today’s 31 day of lists is another - what people don’t know about you - list. those are fun. those make me remember all the things in my life that i don’t advertise. it’s an endless pit you know - the depth and breadth of moments plucked from the time line and kept in my breast pocket.
maybe i should have an “out of the pocket” post some day. i’m sure there are a few people out there who would die to take a glimpse at that one.
interested in some of the secrets unveiled to date?
mare had wrangled me into a facebook tag about a year or so ago. it’s funny. let’s copy and paste. done.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. i started school when i was four
2. when i was thirteen i owned my own horse, gave riding lessons to kids, trained show horses, and showed other people’s horses for them. the last offer i had to show professionally was from a racecar driver who lived in tennessee. i said no and quit riding soon after.
3. i began taking flying lessons when i was fifteen. my dad would let me fly his mooney and i loved it ‘cause it had a stick rather than a yolk. it was like a video game.
4. i graduated highschool a month after i turned seventeen. i was a baby.
5. i’ve had four people propose to me. none of them were my husband.
6. my favorite color changes daily
7. i have my father’s nose and eyes, but the first person in my family to have any red in their hair for five generations. my girls both picked up that gene and ran with it!
8. i used to have my nose and lip pierced. i still miss my lip ring sometimes
9. i spent my 8th summer answering the phones at a tattoo parlor in north chicago called modern tattoo.
10. this same summer i had my very first horse show. i was sponsored by my dad’s harley shop (american motorcycle works), modern tattoo, and my favorite restaurant in the town we lived in (bimbo’s pub)
11.the town was mchenry, IL which is the same town the chick was from in the movie dogma with chris rock, jay and silent bob… you know the one.
12. i was born in fairplay, colorado
13. my aunt taught me to crochet when i was thirteen. my great grandmother taught her.
14. my great grandmother didn’t die until i was 8 months pregnant with alizah
15. my family moved constantly from when i was in fourth grade until i was in seventh.
16. i lived in illinois from when i was two until i was twelve.
17. i was born the day before the ski lifts opened and my dad was pissed.
18. i used to date a heroin addict. it was brief. (then, years later i dated a recovering heroin addict. that too was brief.)
19. from the day she was born i felt like alizah was MINE. mae has always felt more like she was nate’s. sometimes i wonder what that’s all about.
20. i think both my girls are far more beautiful than i ever was.
21. i have incredibly high expectations for the people i love.
22. i saw a girl on myspace who was friends with one of my friends and i told my husband that one day she and i would be like peas and carrots. (i was right by the way)
23. i got pregnant with alizah somewhere in transit from oregon to indy while i was on the depo shot (birth control).
24. i used to have a pet snake. my cat killed it while we were on vacation.
25. my longest relationship was two and a half years before my husband. he thinks he’s doing something right since he’s had me stick around for five… and he’s justified in thinking that.
there were only 4 required of me today. you may sneak a peek here.
NOW, for the fun stuff!
my new sweater is moving right along. link love here
i’m also working on another gift for our friend trevor’s baby. HOW is it we never see them during the light of day!? i’ll never get good pics of that darling child…
the rainbowish portion is some yarn i kettle dyed last winter. why did i wait so long to use it???? i think she’s going to need some matching leggies, too.
garden pics!!! (finally)
there are suddenly cantaloupe EVERYWHERE. i’m not sure how that happened, but i like it!